108. Nutrition, Food Safety & Healthy Weight Gain During Pregnancy, with Dietitian & Nutritionist Stefanie Valakas
Today I chat with Stefanie Valakas who is recognised as a leading fertility and pregnancy dietitian and nutritionist and is the founder of The Dietologist.
Stefanie, and her virtual practice, are dedicated to excellence in nutrition for reproductive health concerns, fertility and pregnancy. You can learn about how you can work with Stefanie and The Dietologist team at thedietologist.com.au or follow them on Instagram. You can also tune into Stef's podcast, Fertility Friendly Food.
In today’s episode, Stefanie and I discuss all things food safety and pregnancy including:
- foods you should eat, and should avoid, when pregnant or trying to conceive;
- Omega 3 intake for pregnancy;
- the safety of consuming caffeine, protein powders and hummus during pregnancy;
- what is a healthy weight gain during pregnancy; and
- whether or not you can, or should, lose weight in pregnancy.
Please subscribe and leave me a review
If you enjoyed this podcast, please tag me and share it in your Instagram stories and leave me a positive rating or review in the purple Apple Podcast app (in the rating & reviews section underneath the episode lists). This really helps my podcast get prioritised by Apple and helps me disseminate evidence based information to the people that need it the most! Don't forget to subscribe to my podcast so you never miss an episode!